Here are some excerpts taken from the article:
- "Kickboxing as a recreational sport and workout has had a relatively long evolution in Malaysia. TNT Kickboxing was founded in 1999 to fill the void for full contact kickboxing as a sport and as an exercise activity."
- "..... at TNT Kickboxing, 70 percent of the clientele are female. And they are beautifully toned examples of how great kickboxing is as a whole body workout."
- "We vary combinations so as to work the whole body better and give better tone."
- "....You don’t train as a fighter here. Kickbags are softer, and there is no repetition like 200 roundhouse kicks."
- "..... we reassessed the approach where we used kickboxing as a workout, and demonstrated that one could reap the benefits of being a fighter without the bangs and bruises..."
Click here to read the full article.
For the Chinese version, click here.